Monday, May 2, 2011

Planning

I have many meals planned for the next week.  Some, I might even show you!  But there is one monster that I am going to tame.  And that's making a cake.  I have never actually made a cake from scratch, so this is going to be a bitch.  And by a bitch, I mean a horrible monster who is presumably female.  Because it's a cake.  DUH.

This cake is not like any other.  It's a rainbow cake, and beyond that, a very specific one.  So that means I will do the majority of ROYGBIV in different cake forms, separating them in time with a complicated and thought-provoking (not really) buttercream frosting based off of lime meringue and some other stuff.  Then, I will assemble it together and cover it with a though-provoking (not at all) blank fondant.  I will add one or two things to it, but keep it mostly blank for those who show up at my party...

...Because this is a farewell cake!!!!  So I want everyone who is available in my backyard at the time for my party to draw on it, except for Dodger, who has his own shit on his paws.  He is only allowed to eat bits of the cake.

So, this is actually the beginning of a new blogosphere for me, as I am moving to a new place and will, over time, be able to actually write on this thing more than once a week.

:)    RAINBOW CAKE PARTY DATES POSTED SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment